Today the Prime Minister will give a speech setting out the values that underpin our long-term economic plan.
Labour’s Great Recession made our country poorer and left Britain in a mess.
That’s why this Government has a long-term economic plan to build a stronger, more competitive economy and secure a better future for Britain by:
1. Reducing the deficit so we deal with our debts, safeguard our economy for the long term and keep mortgage rates low.
2. Cutting income taxes and freezing fuel duty to help hardworking people be more financially secure.
3. Creating more jobs by backing small business and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower jobs taxes.
4. Capping welfare and reducing immigration so our economy delivers for people who want to work hard and play by the rules.
5. Delivering the best schools and skills for young people so the next generation can succeed in the global race.
As the Prime Minister will say later today, we are working through our plan so that we secure a better future for our country and peace of mind for hardworking people and their families.