The residents of Highpoint Estate are most directly affected by what ever happens at the prison. And yet they don’t always have the means to be heard. Please come along to make your views known about the planned expansion to the prison and other matters related to the estate.
We have set up a public meeting for Saturday 26th Feb at 1300-1500hrs at the Happy Days Childcare, 1 Lancaster Way, Stradishall CB8 9YD. You are all welcome.
We will be discussing:
1. Relocate the proposed East Carpark to somewhere that will not be a security threat to residents of Highpoint Estate. This will also remove the concern about additional noise during the night as a result of shift changes.
2. The prison ring road is a disgrace. It is owned by the prison service. I have had a verbal promise from the Ministry of Justice that this will be repaired but I want to keep it on the agenda.
3. The disgraceful state of the estate roads. There is much to say about this so will leave it to the public meeting. Plan A and Plan B will be discussed.
4. The impact of the security lighting.
5. Impact of additional traffic off site including Broad Road
This is a chance to make a difference. We have the MoJ’s attention because of the planning application. It is time to gather together to try and get a fair deal for the residents of Highpoint.
I will be supported by Councillor Marion Rushbrook and Councillor Peter Stevens
PLEASE COME TO THE MEETING